Do porcelain veneers really look like this? (Photo)

I'm so excited to have my porcelain done because I see a lot of pictures from the internet and it's very good looking and perfect. So I have high expectation after the operation. Is it me or the dentist?

Veneers

you need to see the before models you had, and discuss with your doctor, how were they?, was there a waxing before? did he make a smile analysis? did  you discuss with him, shape size and color? if at the end you are not happy, this was not  a successful procedure.

Questioning look of porcelain veneers? #DrSoftTouch

The best thing to do is return to the dentist who placed your veneers to discuss your concerns. Did you approve your veneers? I always recommend okaying your restorations before having them permanently bonded. That way, any necessary changes to shade, shape and fit can easily be made. At this point, any major changes would mean remaking your veneers. I understand that you had high expectations and are probably feeling like those expectations have not been met, but the best option for you is to see you dentist as soon as you can. Believe it or not, dentists want their patients to be happy with their results. I hope this helps and follow me on RealSelf for more questions and answers.

Perfect smiles come from the patient, the dentist, and the LAB

The patient condition CAN limit expectations, but experienced dentists can correct a LOT of things.  But even the BEST dentist is only as good as the lab technician he chooses to complete the work.  It may take some homework to find the best team to get the best smile.