Operation for cleft lip and palate? When is the right age to have plastic surgery?

When is the right age for me to have my plastic surgery? Bc I have a cleft lip and palate :( I want to look physically normal like normal people. So that my classmates stop on bullying me

Operation for cleft lip and palate? When is the right age to have plastic surgery

In general, in medically healthy individuals, the best time for repairing a cleft lip is around two months to six months of age. Often, we try to repair palates when a child is about one or 1 1/2 years old, prior to the time when a child is learning to speak. Once a child is older, it is more difficult to improve speech after a palate repair without significant speech therapy. There are lots of individuals who were not able to undergo lip or palate repair at these early times. It is not unusual to see patients as teenagers or even adults who undergo these surgeries.  It is sad that bullying can occur with patients who have deformities.