Do I have gyno or just fat? What tips can you give me to get rid of it? (Photo)

I am 17 yrs. old, 5'4 feet and 125 lbs. I workout about half a year already and 5-7 times a week even in school days. I lost 15 pounds already since then. I feel like my chest kinda get small very little bit but the other chest is not. I feel like its not equal. It frustrates me so much because it badly affects my self-esteem, school life and social life. It even come to a point that I don't go to school for a long time in my high school life because of frustration, humiliation and shyness.

Doctor Answers 4

17 and gynecomastia

Thanks for the photos.  It appears that you may have what I would consider mild gynecomastia.  At 17, it is still possible for this to resolve over the next couple years.  There are no pills that will work effectively.  However, surgical excision is very predictable and permanent.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Gynecomastia Philippines, PH

It looks like Gynecomastia.

How should I choose a surgeon? First,Must be a board certified Plastic surgeon(Not a cosmetic surgeon)
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 74 reviews

Consult with a Board Certified Surgeon to Better Determine

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Jed H. Horowitz, MD, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 109 reviews

Do I have gyno or just fat?

hi there,
By your pictures it does look like you have gynaecomastia.
As they are of a milder severity, and you are only 17 you can wait for a couple of more years to see if it gets any better.
But if the shape of your chest is a source of distress to you, better discuss with your parent and meet a plastic surgeon because only surgery can give you the best results.
best of luck

Karthik Ram, MRCS, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 50 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.