I really want to know what's going on in my chest. My doctor said I don't have gynecomastia
Doctor Answers 5
Puffy Nipple Areola Complex
"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.
As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition. Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.
Second opinion consultations may be helpful…
You might also like...
Do I Have Gynecomastia
Thanks for the post. It would be helpful if you provided the following information:
1) Your age
2) Whether you have or are taking any medications or supplements
3) Photo of your chest from the front and side
These would be helpful to try and address your concerns. That being said, if you are otherwise skinny but have puffy nipples, it is unlikely that the puffiness is due to fat. I recommend you seek out a plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery.
Gynecomastia Philippines, PH
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.