I really want to know what's going on in my chest. My doctor said I don't have gynecomastia

I have doubts about what my doctor have said to me because she said I don't have gynecomastia. She also said that it is chest fat and it will lose when I workout more and maintain my good diet. But doctors here in realself told me that I have gynecomastia. I also have doubts in my mind about what my doctor here in the Philippines have said because I am quite thin now and I still have puffy nipples

Pseudogynecomastia

True gynecomastia is an excess of breast tissue, not fat or sagging skin. As a result, your doctor may be correct. You may have pseudo-gynecomastia, which is what we refer to as an excess of fat and sagging skin in the chest.

Puffy Nipple Areola Complex

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.
As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition. Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Second opinion consultations may be helpful…

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have regarding your chest wall appearance.  Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. My best suggestion: seek  second opinion consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Do I Have Gynecomastia

Hi Jenzo23,

Thanks for the post. It would be helpful if you provided the following information:

1) Your age
2) Whether you have or are taking any medications or supplements
3) Photo of your chest from the front and side

These would be helpful to try and address your concerns. That being said, if you are otherwise skinny but have puffy nipples, it is unlikely that the puffiness is due to fat. I recommend you seek out a plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Gynecomastia Philippines, PH

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD