What's the best fix for misaligned teeth? (Photo)

I had braces in my upper teeth before but now my teeth is misaligned. Can veeners fix this? Or is it better to use braces again? What can you suggest for a perfect smile? Thanks!!

Veneers and orthodontics

Before beginning any treatment, try to see the underlying cause of the reason your teeth are canted and shifted to the left.  Any TMJ issues or jaw pain? Neck Pain?  Mouthbreathing?  Aberrant swallow pattern? There is a reason your teeth have shifted to where they are, findout why and correct the issue in conjunction with either treatment you select, veneers or ortho.

Houston Dentist

What's the best fix for misaligned teeth?

In my opinion, the best and only treatment to correct your misaligned teeth would be Invisalign or braces.  You have beautiful, healthy, teeth and to re-align them with porcelain veneers would require significant removal of your healthy enamel tooth structure.  This is an irreversible procedure.  There would be a definite possibility of mild to moderate tooth sensitivity, depending on amount of tooth structure removed.  Porcelain veneers may last up to 20 years, but then you would have to go through the procedure and expense again.  With Invisalign or braces, your teeth would remain straight indefinitely as long as you conscientiously wear your retainers.

Misaligned teeth

If you like the shape/size/shade of your teeth and are only concerned about the misalignment, then I would highly recommend Invisalign for you since it is more conservative (no tooth structure needs to be removed). If you are looking to change the shape/size/shade of your teeth, then veneers may be the way to go.

#Invisalign vs #veneers #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I would give you two options:The first option would be Invisalign.  However, after treatment you will be required to wear a retainer or you risk your teeth relapsing AGAIN.  Another option would be porcelain veneers.  Veneers would give you instant results and would be expected to last you 20 years or so. Consult a cosmetic dentist to determine your options, and always look at before and after photos when selecting your dentist. They will give you a good idea about what you can expect. I've attached a link to a before and after photo of a patient of mine that wanted the instant fix of veneers rather than having braces for several years. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Treatment options for misaligned teeth

u have two options. 1. is invisible aligners. primary goal of aligners is to rearrange mal aligned teeth. and second option is2.porcelain veneers.

Nirav Patel, MDS
India Dentist