My face is scarred. Is it okay to try a product that peels the skin? (Photo)

I'm not rich so I can't afford treatments from the derma. I'm about to graduate next year so I want to have a clear skin, not perfect but at least without pimples and scars. Is it okay to try a product that peels the skin?? Please help me.

Doctor Answers 1

Chemical Peel

Thank you for your question. There are many over-the-counter and prescription drugs that may be more effective and more suitable for your desires than a chemical peel. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Many surgeons on this website offer consultations at a reduced rate ($80 for example). They can work with you for a financing plan and can recommend treatments to reduce the amount of acne you are experiencing. At a later date, you can explore a chemical peel to reduce acne scarring. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 120 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.