How can I treat this? What kind of vein is this? I'm worried (Photos)

Pls help what cn i do

Doctor Answers 5

Upper eyelid varicose vein

This is a very unusual place to develop this varicosity.  Assuming there is no pathology causing this vein to bulge up I would recommend sclerotherapy or monopolar electrocautery.   Several treatments may be needed to get the desired response.  

Beverly Hills Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Large veins on the upper eyelid

This is an interestingly rare location for 'varicose veins', namely, on the eyelid. The best treatment is combination with sclerotherapy and microphlebectomy at the same setting. See someone with expertise. I recommend a vein specialist who also is certified as a cosmetic plastic surgery. See the link below. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo Phlebologist
4.8 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Veins in the eyelids

This is likely a vascular malformation that should be addressed to prevent further progression. Ablation and/or microphlebectomy may be indicated. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles Vein Expert

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Eyelid veins

We recommend laser with corneal shields for these type of vessels.  As well, radio frequency or electrocautery can be used in conjunction such as the Veinwave or Veingogh or hyfercater devices. 

Susan Fox, DO
Hollywood Phlebologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

Upper eyelid vein.

Upper eyelid veins I find are harder to treat then other around eye veins.  Base on the picture I would treat this vein with sclerotherapy or fine needle RF or a combination of both.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.