Why is it that my other chest is bigger than the other? Do I really have gynecomastia? (Photo)

I am busy in school so I can't have another check-up for my chest and I dont have time to look for a plastic surgeon as of now since my parents are also busy at work. In my last check-up,my doctor said that my left chest is bigger because of improper chest workouts since I am doing different workouts 3-5 times a week for about 4-5 months already because I think it may help my chest become flat. I notice that my chest have got a little smaller especially my right but the left decrease only little

Male Breast Asymmetry

Breast #asymmetry is the condition when both breasts are not equal in size. In men, gynecomastia can include only one or both breasts. #Unilateral gynecomastia occurs when only one breast is larger due to gynecomastia, while the other breast is typically normal in both size and shape. #Bilateral asymmetry occurs when gynecomastia is present in both breasts, although each to a different degree. The amount of glandular tissue can affect the size, shape, and location on the chest wall of the enlarged area, the size of the areolas, and protrusion and diameter of the nipples.

Unequal or unilateral gynecomastia is not an uncommon condition. It is more significant when there are very noticeable differences between the two breasts. Usually, the degree of difference between the two breasts is not severe. Through a study of his patients, however, more than 80% of male breasts are not symmetrical, but the severity varies greatly from patient to patient. Patients should take this into consideration while examining their chests prior to surgery.

In addition to correcting the difference between breast sizes, the #areola often shrinks when #gynecomastia excision is performed. In more pronounced cases, the areola may even be larger. When the glandular tissue is removed, the areola #symmetry may improve.
The conditions that make up #asymmetry can often be corrected to some degree. It is very individual and varies for each patient. Every prospective surgical candidate should discuss this condition with an experienced plastic surgeon prior to surgery. The plastic surgeon’s role is to educate each individual patient as to the possible degree of improvement that can be realistically achieved in his particular case.

Gynecomastia.

The comment about different amounts of workouts on the chest is not valid. I would say about 25% of the patient's I see for this condition have one side larger than the other or one side only. If it does require surgery it can be done through a tiny incision inside the armpit not visible at all on the front of the chest. Find yourself a good local plastic surgeon and you should do will

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon