What causes my asymmetrical smile? (Photo)

The left side of my lips appears a bit higher than the right. My teeth is also slightly asymmetrical if looked closely. I have read some causes on this site but I couldn't really identify what causes mine. I had teeth extraction on the right side of my teeth 8 years ago. I also have dimples on both cheeks but they aren't as deep as the other and aren't even. What could be the possible cause for the asymmetry of my smile?

Caused of asymmetrical smile

Hi:

There are three factors that contribute to a symmetry of a smile:

1.  Skeletal position: The way the upper jaw and lower jaw is positioned 

2.  Position of the teeth: 

3.  Soft tissue: Lips and lips movement can also impact the smile

From the photo it appears that your lip movement is more limited on your right side than the left side, as a result less teeth show on one side than the other.  A comprehensive clinical evaluation and study models are necessary to accurately asses the options.  My suggestion is to consult a top cosmetic dentist in order to find out the exact cause and possible options.

Dr. Maddahi

Beverly Hills Dentist