Can adding height to the tip of my nose help my alar appear slimmer? (Photos)

What procedures/surgery can i have without making my nose to have too many stitches on the outside appearance?

Yes, Adding height will make alar look slimmer

like trigonametry principle  if we keep both side of triangle equal, its base becomes narrower as height increases  plus  tall things naturally looks  slimmer than short counterpart.  So by increasing tip definitely nose will look slimmer.  and if you want more  slimmer  than  alar wedge resection can be done

India Plastic Surgeon

Alar base reduction

An alar base modification would help improve the balance of your nose, as would some tip refinement.  A subtle dorsal augmentation would help make your nose appear more "narrow", while still maintaining a look that is 100-percent you. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

How to have narrower appearing alae

Although providing the tip with more projection can theoretically stretch the alae up into a more vertical position, it would be a slight to modest amount in my opinion. Usually correcting the excessive width of the ala or a thick alar lobule directly is the preferred way to go. During a consultation with a prospective surgeon, he should be able to provide you with pros and cons of each approach and which will give you the result you are seeking.  Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Can adding height to the tip of my nose help my alar appear slimmer?

Thanks for your question. In order to enhance oriental tip and giving better definintion I recomment open rhinoplaty with tip modification and grafting. The graft could be obtained from the septum or the ear cartilage. The scar is very inconspicous if performed by a qualified doctor. 

M. Azhar Ali, MD, FACS
Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon