Am I a candidate for rhinoplasty? I'm afraid of its disadvantages, help please. (Photo)

Am i a candidate for rhinoplasty? Im really confused. Im 27 years olD, asian. My doctor offers my ear cartilage. Im afraid what might happen soon. Im also curious aboout what will rhinoplasty's effect as i age and will there be a possibility for it to be deformed? Comment and answers are highly appreaciated. Thank you

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Asian Rhinoplasty

Based on your photos your nasal skin is quite thick, and you do lack height and projection through your dorsum (bridge) and tip. Given the thickness of your skin, you need support and structure in order to create refinement and definition that will be visible through your skin.

An important step in choosing the right nose for you is choosing the right surgeon. Looking at his/her before and after photos will give you a good sense of his/her aesthetic. Once you have found an experienced Asian rhinoplasty specialist, be clear about your aesthetic goals. He/she will be able to perform computer morphing of your pictures to give you a sense of what is technically achievable and what is appropriate for your face, and recommend any adjunctive procedures to attain the best result for you.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asian rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Based on what can be seen from your photographs I think you would be an excellent candidate for an Asian rhinoplasty. I would suggest you focus on ways to augment your Dorson. This is done Best Buy using your own tissues. I would find a surgeon who with extensive experience in Asian rhinoplasty.

Best wishes
Theodore T Nyame MD

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Asian Rhinoplasty

hi vasquezleahregina,

Based from your photos, you have low profile bridge and tip, thick skin, short nose appearance, and relatively broad bridge. Your nose can be augmented using either silicone or cartilage, which can be harvested either from your rib, ear, or septum.

To gain significant augmentation of the bridge, rib cartilage is your best option if you want to use cartilage. If you are fine with silicone, you can also have the option of using silicone for your bridge and cartilage either septal or ear cartilage for the tip. 

The harvesting ear cartilage usually doesn't leave a noticeable scar since it can be well-hidden, while harvesting rib cartilage may leave a mark, especially on Asian skin. 

As for long term result, the possibility of extrusion is actually very low. Once the result of Rhinoplasty settles, the chance of disfiguring it by from trauma is just the same as when you haven't had your nose done. 

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty and what to expect long term

I think you can expect good things long term if you see an experienced Asian rhinoplasty specialist and cartilage is certainly a good option for you over silicon.  You appear to have thick skin with a shortened nose so tip, columella, and dorsal grafts would be nice but don't expect to look very different.  Aim for a conservative natural result.

I'll attach a video.

Chase Lay, MD
Asian facial plastics

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon