Am I a candidate for forehead reduction? (photos)

22 years old and have always had high forehead. I just wanna know if its possible

Forehead reduction surgery is possible but you would need to see a doctor make sure you don't have genetic balding.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is possible . . .

You could definitely achieve a significant reduction in your forehead, the main concern will be the long term visibility of the scar.  Normally, a surgeon who performs this procedure regularly, is able to create an irregular incision that hair will eventually grow just in front of that is very hard to see.  The lighter your skin, the more predictable the color of your final scar.  Your skin has a little pigment to it, and your scar could be slightly lighter or darker than the rest of your skin.  If the scar heals as a very different color a few hair grafts may need to placed in front of the incision to hide the scar.  Your surgeon will want to know how you have healed in the past and ideally inspect some old scars as these will be the best indication of how your forehead incision will look.  Even if the scar heals very well, as a male you have the risk of future hair loss.  If your hair starts to thin even a well healed scar will be visible.  If this were the case you could try medications to stop the hair loss, but you may need a hair transplant to hide the scar well.  If you are strongly considering the procedure it would be a good idea to consult a surgeon who does hair transplants as well.  They can show you what they can do to your hairline with hair grafts, and they can also give you an idea of what it would take to keep a scar hidden if you start to develop hair loss.  

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Forehead reduction in men - you must worry about genetic balding

Forehead reduction surgery comes in two types, the first is a surgical procedure that gives you same day results, the second is a hair transplant that takes 6-7 months to see. For men, my only concern is in the potential balding that may occur as most balding starts about your age and advances until the mid-thirties. If that happened to you (your risk) then you will have to get a hair transplant to cover it as the frontal area is the place that genetic balding starts in the young man. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon