2 weeks breast augmentation. Is this normal? (Photo)

Hello everyone..i had breast augmentation 2 weeks ago,i had 400cc silicon high profile my incision in armpit above the muscle,is it normal to feel your other breast look bigger than the other,my left boob looks normal to me,my right boob looks ok but it looks small,my surgeon ask me to do massage or warm compress ,in the morning when i get up of my bed i feel theres a pressure in my boobs but it lasts only like 30 seconds..

Normality Two Weeks Out

Congratulations on your recent procedure! You are still very early in the healing process and your breasts may appear uneven. Only until about 2-3 months out will they begin to settle, even out and feel more a part of you. Any major concerns, I would recommend seeking follow up with your surgeon. Good luck and congratulations again!

2 weeks breast augmentation. Is this normal?

congratulations on your breast augmentation.  Asymmetry Is Normal so Early after Breast Augmentation.  However It Is Best That you see your Plastic Surgeon for an Examination. If you are starting breast implant displacement exercises it is important that the fold beneath her breast is symmetrical and tight as you do not want to be pushing down on 1 implant that is slightly lower than the other.  See your surgeon for an exam and do not rely on Internet advice.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend consulting with your surgeon so they can perform a physical examination. You are still early in your recovery period and while there is swelling present, the breasts may appear uneven. Over the first 6-8 weeks the swelling should begin to resolve and the breasts will start to drop into their pockets and appear more natural and symmetrical. Everyone heals at different rates and one side may heal quicker than the other. I would wait until you are at least 6 months post op to make a final judgement on the symmetry of your breasts. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Healing at 2 Weeks

HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION:

1.    pain is variable

2.    it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax

3.    celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help

4.    massage and stretching may help

5.    everyone heals differently

6.    4-7 days off from work is common

Given the fact that it is only two weeks into your healing process there is more time to be allowed for complete settling of your implants. However, if you are concerned or worried at all you should visit your surgeon to have the area examined to make sure that healing is progressing well. Good luck.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Is my result ok?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• If you have the same sized implants, then it is likely one breast was larger before surgery.
  • In the photo, your result looks fine.
  • But always be sure your own surgeon knows of your concerns.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The breasts may swell asymmetrically. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

From your photograph, it appears that everything is healing as expected for a breast augmentation at two weeks. It is not uncommon to have mild asymmetry from side to side in the early healing process. This should continue to improve with time as the muscles relax and skin accommodates.

You should continue to follow up with you doctor to ensure you progress as planned.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD