16 days post op Breast augmentation, bleeding at the incision site inframammary with bruise at my left breast. Advice? (photo)

16days post op breast augmentation silicon 400cc I had blood coming out from the site And bruised area in my left chest....its not painful but my left is bigger than my right bcoz of swelling Im still wearing bandages...whats the indication of this?? Would it resolve by itself?? A worried of worse case scenario...

Bleeding from incision

How long has one side been bigger or bruised?  Usually, we don't see bloody discharge at post op day 16, so your concern is valid and call your doctor to have it evaluated. It looks localized based on the one photo.

Oak Lawn Plastic Surgeon

16 days post op Breast augmentation, bleeding at the incision.

It is always best to see your plastic surgeon for a follow up. 

There is a risk of Infection/Hematoma or Seroma where swelling is involved. 
Your surgeon will send you for an ultrasound should any of these risks be a possibility. 
Best to get in as soon as possible to reduce the risk of implant removal. 

Mahmood Kara, MD

Worst case scenario

Discharge over two weeks postoperative may be related to a suture granuloma (suture material) working its way out like a pimple, a hematoma (collection of blood in the implant pocket) working its way out, or an infection.  You should consult with your surgeon for evaluation, treatment as needed and piece of mind.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Unusual Bleeding/Bruising

Thank you for your question and photo. Worst case scenario may be a hematoma- usually indicated by more pain and swelling and firmness on one side along with bruising. Bruising by itself can be quite normal and resolve by around 2 weeks post op. The best way to ensure that you are on track and not experiencing a complication is to be seen in person by your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best 

16 days Post Op

Thank you for your question and concern. Abnormal swelling and bleeding from the incision is a concern. Please see your surgeon immediately for an examination.

Please call your surgeon

Bleeding from the incision and asymmetric swelling are concerning and warrant an immediate call to your surgeon for evaluation. 

16 days post op Breast augmentation, bleeding at the incision site inframammary with bruise at my left breast. Advice

Thank you for your question.  Swelling, bruising, and bleeding from the incision is a concern. Please see your surgeon for an examination today. 

Bleeding from incision

All of your description indicates a hematoma, better described as pocket of blood.  This can cause problems for your augmentation.   Best to be seen by your surgeon as soon as possible.  

Swelling?

This is a hematoma until proven otherwise.  Please see your doctor immediately.  Hope this helps. Good luck

Dr V

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding

It is imperative that you check in with your surgeon and his/her nurses to assess whether anything serious I going on as you are very early post surgery and it would be important to exclude an infection or haematoma