Need help on what to do? (Photos)

Been to several top plastic surgeons and two said fillers, in which I did, and can't tell and the other said mini facelift. I am not sure that a mini facelift will correct those bad lines going down the sides of my mouth. It's been two years and still no-one can fix my face, and its depressing me. Also, I have hallow under my eyes, what can be done about that, bc all doctors say it's not that bad.. Answers any one???

Non-surgical vs Surgical

As you are discovering, there are both non-surgical and surgical options for rejuvenating the face. While I always think it best to begin with the least invasive option which would be Botox and fillers in your case, if you aren't happy with the results then it might be time to explore surgery. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person. It's really the only way to determine the best options to deliver your desired outcome.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Ultimately, It's Your Choice

As you've discovered by consulting with multiple plastic surgeons, there are both surgical and nonsurgical approaches to address the concerns you have about facial aging. If you've tried fillers without satisfactory results, you may want to try again with a different provider, or move forward with facial plastic surgery. Your photos are helpful, but the only way to know what procedure would work best in your case is to continue consulting with board-certified plastic surgeons who have experience performing various facelift techniques.  

You Have Multiple Options

A person concerned about the early signs of aging has several facial rejuvenation options. The path you pursue is really determined by how much you are bothered by the concerns you've described. I often advise patients with concerns similar to yours to begin with minimally invasive treatments, such as dermal fillers, which usually produce quite satisfactory results. I'm sorry your results were disappointing. A mid facelift combined with fat grafting may be the appropriate treatment. The only way to know for sure is by consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Need help on what to do?

No worries....While the photos are helpful , they are never as good as a person to person consult.  However, I can appreciate the areas you are concerned about.  Generally, the hollowing under the eyes and the prominence of the lines around the mouth can be softened with fillers.  Laser resurfacing can also help with the fine lines and give an overall  refreshened look.  Surgical options may include a mid face lift which will help lift  the soft tissue of the mid face that has a mild - moderate degree of laxity.  Please understand, there is not just 1 answer.  You are seeing natural signs of aging, and depending on your goals, you and your surgeon will formulate a plan.  Perhaps a short term, mid range, and long term plan.  Many clients like you who are young (and yes I consider you young) when you see these subtle changes it is difficult to start with surgery.  Often the fillers are a good starting place, but also realize to correct some of areas, often the amount of filler required is significant and so is the cost.  If you already had fillers, I recommend you return to your provider and ask their opinion.

FACE AND NECK LIFT AND FAT FILL

Hi thanks to share your pic .an option of face and neck lift with under eye fat fill will give you optimal results. please do consult a board certified plastic surgeon discuss your expectations in details .it is not suitable  for those with unrealistic expectations and it will not alter the creases  around your lips.

Facelift vs. "liquid facelift"

There are many fillers that can be used to lift the face and improve early signs of aging--like the hollowing under the eyes and marionette lines as well as loss of midface volume. While there are a temporary fix, often it is enough for younger patients.While a traditional facelift tightens the neck and the lower face, less aggressive measures like a mini lift (which tightens the jowls and marionette lines) and fat grafting (which improves midface volume loss and orbital hollowing) can be used in younger patients.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation

Thank you for your question. Typically, it is taught that facelift procedures usually do not address the nasolabial folds (the lines by your mouth you describe). However, I feel like most of our mini facelift patients do see some improvement there. In your case, I would likely steer you toward considering fat grafting. This means we borrow fat from your abdomen and use that fat in your cheek and under eye regions to add volume. This can help many people who are not quite ready for a facelift. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Facial options

There are many different options to provide facail rejuvenation from fillers, to liftng, to lasers, etc..  You would have to be seen in person.

Hollow lower lids

muns6, photos are only so good but based on yours and your complaints I would be considering a "SOOF lift blepharoplasty" (see video) and a deep plane minituck. Search the Internet concerning the above and look for surgeons that are board certified and do "only faces". Look at their photos. Do your homework and you should be fine. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial aging

Without a face-to-face consultation it is impossible to come up with a treatment plan.  Also, there are probably several methods of improving the appearance.  Further, it may require several different treatments to achieve the best result.  The most common reason for dissatisfaction with plastic surgery is unrealistic expectations. The most common reason for dissatisfaction with fillers is insufficient correction.  Therefore the best advice to every patient is to seek more than one opinion (which this patient has done), choose the one that evokes the most confidence (not hype) and stick with that person.  In this patient fillers (not subdermal, but instead revolumization fillers) AND surgery may give the best (not perfect) result.

Richard O. Gregory, MD