I'm weighing if I should keep working out or should I just save up and get lipo? (photos)

I'm having a hard time losing belly and chest fat. I eat out less by a large matter. I drink water and on occasion I have juice or a diet soda. Also on occasion I drink alcohol. I do work out in the gym with weights. I do very little cardio as far as running or swimming but I'm usually on the move, lots of walking at work with stairs. So I'm not laying around a lot. Even with all of this I'm getting fatter. Not feeling like there's hope.

I'm weighing if I should keep working out or should I just save up and get lipo?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Liposuction - for belly and chest fat?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Weight control is frustrating today because of the way Americans live -
  • You do need an examination by a plastic surgeon -
  • It isn't clear if your belly fat is under the skin or inside the abdomen.
  • Liposuction only works for fat under the skin.
  • Liposuction is not for weight loss - the fat will return to new areas if you do not lose weight afterwards.
  • Try adding some cardio exercise and go on-line to calculate how many calories you are eating a day -
  • To lose weight, an active man often should be eating no more then 2500 calories a day
  • If you get fit and lose the weight you can, then liposuction can help the areas that are slow to respond. 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

Liposuction is not a weight loss tool.  Even with diet and exercise some people need liposuction. I suggest you see an expert if you are looking for treatment you will want a HI DEF procedure to define your muscle and remove fat, then what you do in the gym will be even more valuable.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Working out

Thank you for your question. Nothing can replace the benefits that you gain from exercise and maintaining a healthy diet. The results from exercising will be long-lasting and systemically beneficial.  If you're looking to achieve better results I recommend following a more strenuous workout routine and more structured diet.  Plastic surgery is not the answer to not gaining weight. Even if you have plastic surgery and you still maintain your unhealthy eating habits and lack of exercise you will still continue to gain weight. Plastic surgery  can help people achieve results that they desire as long as the individual maintains a healthy diet, exercise routine and a stable weight.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring

You would have to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  It is hard to say from the photo and no other information. Liposuction may be an option in some instances.

Diet and exercise vs liposuction

Unfortunately, this is not an either or situation. Liposuction does not eliminate to need for diet and exercise, both are required to get a good result. That being said, you look like a good candidate for liposuction. Be sure and see a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with body contouring. A partnership between a qualified surgeon who performs a safe liposuction and a patient who is committed to a healthy lifestyle will lead to results that will last.

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question.  Exercise is always a good idea. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from liposuction of the chest and abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD