Do I have tuberous breasts? (photos)

I'm 18 and have been extremely self-conscious of my breasts ever since puberty. I am wondering if I have tuberous breasts, and if surgery could make them look normal and the estimated cost. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Tubular breast

There is some constriction around your areola on your left breast, which is a sign of a tuberous breast. It is hard to say with your right breast. Tuberous breast correction can be performed to give you a less constricted shape. Pricing varies depending on the surgeon, so it’s best to find a board certified plastic surgeon you can trust first to determine the cost.

Tuberous breast correction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, i can identify that you have a underveloped and mild tubular Breast. 
I recommend you perform a Tubular Breasts Correction with Breast Augmentation using silicon implants, at the same surgical time.
There is a surgical technique for Tuberous Breasts correction, by which it is arranged the tuberous areolar ring from inside, without requiring areolar reduction. In this technique we also need silicon implants, to get a better Breast volume and projection.
Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

TBD

You have a mild form of tuberous breast deformity.  You will need simply an areola reduction and possibly an implant if you wish.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation for tuberous breasts

To me this appears to be a very minor form of tuberous breast.  A breast augmentation with periareolar modification can help but some nipple areola protrusion typically remains.  Over time, several years post operative, the result improves. That being said, I would suggest you visit a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation for a more accurate diagnosis. 

Breast issue

More photos would be helpful, but your areola do have a puffiness quality to them. Sometimes implants along with a circumareola reduction is all that is needed.  Best to be seen in person.

Tuberous constricted breast surgery

Your breasts appear to be "constricted" which is a mild form of tuberous breasts.  The nipples are protruding but the breast borders are still round which makes the chances of having a great result from breast augmentation even more.  Breast augmentation can help by releasing and expanding the tissue around your nipples to give your hole breasts a more normal appearance.  Average prices and the Northeast range from about $6000-$8000.  Most plastic surgeons offer financing plans to break it down into affordable payments.   If you this is a plastic surgeon he should also be able to see computer simulated images of what he would look like with breast implants.  If you like what you see this should help you feel comfortable with moving forward.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts?

You have a minor form of tuberous breast in that there is some herniation (or protrusion) of the breast into the nipple-areolar area. One method of improving the look, if so desired, is to have an augmentation which in a major metro area such as Philly or DC will typically run 6-9k all inclusive. Another option is to reduce the breast herniation under the nipple-areolar area with surgery and that may be less of a cost but frankly, I dont think will give you as nice an outcome. Best to see a board certified PS in your area to consult and discuss options.Good Luck,

Tuberous breasts

Hello and thank you for your question. You have some characteristics of tuberous breasts.  Howveer, you are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  This can improve the shape of your breasts significantly.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question. Yes you  have a form of tuberous breasts. A type only effecting the areola. We have the capabilities to correct this through an incision areola. If you are looking for more volume this can be done through the same incision. Costs vary depending on your location. I wish you well

Tuberous breasts - do I have it and cost if it can be corrected?

Thank you for asking about your tuberous breasts.
  • You have a very minor variation of tuberous breasts - most evident in  the nipple puffiness.
  • This can be corrected with surgery around the areolae pink skin around the nipple.
  • If you also feel your breasts are too small,  breast implants can be done.
  • Costs vary from one region to another -
  • Look on real self for the average cost of a donut/Benelli lift and breast augmentation.
  • Gel implants are twice the cost of saline implants - so knowing what kind of implant you want is essential.
  • If you aren't sure, a consultation will give you all the information you need.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS