TT would not healing and appears opened. (photos)

had TT done in the DR, returned home 11 days po w/ drain.Drain was burning & no ps in US would do f/u.14days po went to ER had cat scan and consult with PS who removed was pressing on a nerve. Said everything looked fine.My wound appears slightly opened after I changed my dressing all the scab came off and there was a slight green pus.. I cleaned it with peroxide and out antibiotic ointment on it.It I also have a seroma that needs to be drained.What should i do?

#Tummytuck #plasticsurgery #abdominoplasty

Hello Misses, thank you for your excellent question. Congratulations on your recent surgery. Your photos are very helpful, however without the benefit of knowing your full health history and an in person exam it's impossible to say for certain. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. If you decide to seek a second opinion, consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person, preferably one who has these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle  Hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best. Kind regards, Brian Coan, MD, FACS  CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Seroma and wound healing problems post Tummy Tuck in DR

This is an issue with having surgery out of the country, the lack of followup. Seromas and wound healing problems are not uncommon and individuals require care.I would recommend you check the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website to find plastic surgeons who are board certified in your area. It is likely you will find someone to care for you. If you see someone in private practice it is likely you will have to pay for care. You may have better luck in an academic hospital. I would suggest you find someone who can provide you consistent care.Good luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Tummy tuck in DR

Thank you for your question and photographs.I’m sorry to hear about your complications; unfortunately this is very common when travelling outside of the US for cosmetic surgery. I would recommend that you call the plastic surgeons in your area and explain your situation; hopefully you can find one who will take on your case for aftercare. 
Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck question

You need a plastic surgeon to care for you. This is one of the major downsides of traveling for plastic surgery. Look at the website for the American Society of Plastic Surgery to find a plastic surgeon in your area. You may have to pay for followup care. I would hope that if you call a number of surgeons you will find one who will care for you.