Is it true you can have the shape and length of the nose changed? (photos)

Im very interested in changing the shape and length of my nose not to mention the width (if thats not the same as the shape; that is.) this have been an on going issue for me, I can feel my nose move when I speak and that makes me more self conscious when being social. I would like to get the shape changed to something more narrow, I also have images i'll include. Is it possible for my nose to be surgically transformed into my dream nose?

Nose shape and length

Both the shape, the width and also the length can be changed with rhinoplasty. However it is important to understand that a dream nose cannot be achieved. You will be disappointed if you imagine a nose exactly like the photo you have shown. You can use that as an example for the surgeon to strive for but do not expect a photocopy of that nose. RegardsDr J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from an alarplasty to reduce the width of your alar base. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

We are all limited to some degree by our anatomy. Certainly improvement in some aspects of your nose can be achieved with rhinoplasty. Good luck.

Can I Have My Dream Nose?

Hi and thanks for your question.  Certainly, the shape and length of your nose can be changed, but there are limitations  to the extent of change.  I can make your nose look much more like your dream nose, but I can't get you all of the way there as I have to work with the nose that you are starting with.  Your nose does appear to be on the wide side and I can make it significantly narrower, but probably not an narrow as your dream nose.  You would benefit from a consultation with computer imaging to show you what the possibilities are.  Good luck.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon