Best treatment for fat under chin and jawline contouring? Healthy 28yr M, 5'11 -180lb (Photo)

No medical conditions. Looking for some advice related to removing fat under my chin (even had when was considerably thinner at 160 in my younger years) and contouring of my jaw line. Currently it looks like I don't have a jaw or neck and when I bend my neck there is a very pronounced double chin. Would laser produce a flat projection under the chin? Is it possible to also do minimal liposuction of the cheeks (along the jawline) to enhance the jaw? What about Kybella (as effective as laser lipo)?

Laser Lipo of Chin/Neck

Hi. After reviewing your photos it appears you would be a good candidate for SmartLipo of the chin/neck. With SmartLipo (laser liposuction) you will see a reduction in the fat and also tightening and toning of the skin. This will result in a contoured jawline. This type of procedure can be done under local anesthetic with minimal downtime. You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Best treatment for fat under chin and jawline contouring?

From your photos and if your skin tone is reasonably good, then I believe you would be a good candidate for a neck liposuction.  An energy assisted liposuction with ultrasound (Vaser) or laser (Smart lipo).  Kybella (deoxycholic acid injections) may reduce the fat, but will probably not be as effective at toning the skin as an energy assisted liposuction would be.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photos. From your photos you appear to be a good candidate for SmartLipo-ThermiTight combo procedure. Both these procedures are minimally invasive and produce permanent results. SmartLipo works to reduce fat in the submental (chin) area by physically removing these tissue cells. ThermiTight would address the skin laxity in your jawline/neck by stimulating collagen in the treated area. Having these procedures is conjunction with each other would deliver optimal results. I recommend consulting with a qualified physician for a full comprehensive consultation.  

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Submental liposuction

Everyone can have a double chin when they bend their neck downwards.  Submental liposuction can help reduce the overall volume of neck fat in the subcutaneous space.  Best of luck. 

Cervical facial liposuction

Please seek an in person consultation, you seem like a perfect candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.  

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Chin and jawline

Vaser or smart lipo under the chin and neck is a quick, safe procedure done under local in office OR setting.  

That would remove the fat and tighten the skin, defining neck and jawline in about 20 minutes.  Recovery is pretty quick also.

A consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended.

You have a small amount of fat under chin. Laser liposuction can be done, However injectible Kybella may also be a non surgical alternative.

Jaw line

Thanks for the question I would suggest laser liposuction, this can be done quickly, with minimal downtime and almost no scarring, you will get a nice change without having to have a chin implant or the many office visits required to have kybella