If I want to travel to Miami or LA to complete my surgery, how would the doctor conduct a consultation?

Do I have to travel for the consult and then go back for the surgery or do some doctors conduct consults via phone or Skype? The procedure I would like to get done is liposuction.

Email photos and get a free consultation.

Many patients who live out of state or country just email photos and what they want to accomplish. I then contact them with what i think is realistic and pricing and we take it from there.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Long Distance Liposuction Consultation

You will find that it depends on the surgeon. I do offer consultations via Skype or by phone if the patient can send me pictures. Be sure you choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and check with the office to see if long distance consultations are offered. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Online Consultation for an Out-of-Town Patient

Thank you very much for your question. Many plastic surgeons offer out-of-town patients the option of a virtual or online consultation. This process may include photos sent via email, a skype session, and phone calls. Once the online evaluation process is complete, a detailed surgical plan will be established. You will fly into town a day or two before surgery, and at this time, have an in-person pre-op appointment. Before scheduling the procedure, your doctor will also tell you how long he/she needs you to stay in town after surgery for follow-ups. I recommend that you contact a board certified plastic surgeon, experienced in liposuction, to see if they offer online consultations. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Long Distance Consultations-Liposuction--Skype, VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

Our office performs long distance consultations via Skype. If you're considering liposuction, I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist. VASER liposuction can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Please consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Greetings

Thank you for your question. You may have your consultation online you dont have to travel for consultation however it is best to check with the surgeon which it is possible for online consultation.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

Many consults are done via email as well.  Sending photos will assist the surgeon in determining what surgery is best for you.  Particulars as to where to stay and how to travel to and from the office can also be set up this way.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

How to book surgery

Thank you for asking about your Miami and LA consultations.

Usually a surgeon today will do a phone or Skype consult but every surgeon does things differently. The only way to know for a specific surgeon is to call her/his office and find out how they do things.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Skype calls

You might want to have a preliminary discussion using Skype but nothing beats an in-office consultation with an appropriate exam.  Best of luck.

Consultation

Hello and thank you for your question. It is possible to speak over Skype with many surgeons, but the best consultation and advice you can receive is with an in-person consultation so that your surgeon can physically examine the quality of your skin elasticity for liposuction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Surgery for out of town patients

I operate on many out of town patients (those not local to South Florida). Most of these are complex revision cases. We usually start with a call or email and then review photos or have a Skype consultation. Patients may choose to visit for an in person consultation or are seen the day before surgery. We have a good system with hotels and care available for patients who come alone.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon