Thigh lift, butt lift, lower body lift? (photo)

I'm evaluating if thigh lift (maybe a butt lift) is a good choice. I'm in very good shape (120lb, 5 1') with muscle tone (workout almost every day, . I lost some weight but not massive. I'm ok with my body but have not been able to fix the loose skin in my inner thighs and bottom of butt. I'd only opt for this surgery if results are really good. Any doc within 300 miles from Philly? I've been told to consider a lower body lift instead.... apparently the thigh lift does not do much, is that true

Thigh lift, butt lift, lower body lift?

Even over the internet I have an issue with this amount of surgery, possible scar residual vs the anticipated results. In other words, I would excuse myself from being your surgeon due to these reasons or as said on "Shark Tank" I'm out...

Thigh Lift

A thigh lift done properly is very successful. On a patient like you, the scar may not be worth it. The main disadvantage of the other procedures may be the scar as well. These type of procedures are usually done on massive weight loss patients with a much bigger improvement anticipated.

Howard N. Robinson, MD (retired)

Butt lift and thigh lift

HI Crazybearnewfs.. It looks like you have had a TT. If not your abdo looks great. From the front your thighs look a little heavier than from the other angles. I think what would help is a spiral thigh lift. This can improve the buttock area and the upper thigh and upper inner thigh. To improve the lower thigh a vertical incision is needed. Thigh lifts do work. They are far better in thin people than those who still have excess fat. Having said all of this, you look great and sometimes trying to get perfection is not a great idea.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lower Body Lift Tradeoffs

It's not unusual for women who work out frequently to be very critical of their bodies. They sometimes have very low tolerance for minor imperfections. Although your pictures demonstrate buttock sag and excess medial thigh skin, this would not be considered a severe deformity.

Correction of these problems would require a lower body lift and medial thigh lifts. These procedures would be associated with scarring of the lower back and medial thighs. Under these circumstances, the trade off between loose skin and scarring would be a difficult one.

The decision would rest upon how your wounds have healed in the past and your tolerance for scarring. Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon might help clarify the issue. This surgeon should be able to help you understand all the variables and how they may effect your final result.

Thigh Lift, Buttock Lift, Posterior Buttock Lift, Posterior Thigh lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  A medial thigh lift is an excellent procedure to address the inner thigh skin laxity only. It is a very effective and safe procedure if properly performed.  The scar can be hidden in the groin crease and heals quite nicely.   A body lift includes a tummy tuck with lifting of the front of the thigh, the side of the thigh and the buttock.  It also partially lifts the posterior thigh depending on the amount of laxity.  While this procedure would give you benefit, it comes with a scar all the way around your torso and may be more involved than you desire.  Significant posterior thigh laxity can be addressed with a posterior thigh lift but the scar can be visible in thinner patients such as your self...which would not be ideal.  There are options to address your concerns, but you need to be adequately informed regarding the benefits, risks, and alternatives to each of the body contouring procedures being performed. Consider consulting a surgeon with significant experience with these procedures.  All the best.

Which type of Lift?

In reviewing your photos, it would appear that you'd be best served, at least to start with a medial thigh lift. This procedure is very gratifying to patients (male or female) that have excess, lax skin in the medial thigh area. The procedure is done as an outpatient with relatively quick recovery and the scar is very well concealed in the upper-medial thigh. Again, based on your photos (these are just snap-shots....not a substitute for physical exam), I think this may be a a good option for you. Locate a respected, board certified Plastic Surgeon and get a formal consultation. It will be time and money well spent. Even if you decide to forego surgery, at least you'll be well informed. Good Luck!

Jonathan R. Fugo, DO
Newburgh Plastic Surgeon

Thigh Lift

Based on the pictures posted, you have good body. However the evaluation of the skin needs to be in person, the amount of laxity. Then you need to decide if the benefit to risk ratio is worth it for you

Samir Shureih MD. FACS.

sshureih@msn.com

Lower body lift vs thigh lift

Thank you for your question. A body lift incorporates an outer thigh lift with a buttock lift, and included either a tummy tuck or a medial thigh lift at the same time. The lower body lift usually does not help the inner thighs but that is performed at the same surgical setting when indicated. 

Thigh lifts can be performed many ways for the outer thighs but I prefer a lower body lift scar as it makes more improvement with a well placed scar ie circumferential tummy tuck location. It also lifts the buttock. The inner thigh lift scar is either right next to the pubic hair region or extended down the inner leg if there is a lot of laxity by the lower thigh. 

I recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon who performs body lifts and combined procedures on a regular basis. You will get the information you need at the consultation. Good luck.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon