How many more tattoo removal sessions should I need? (Photo)

I have had 11 removal sessions. 10 with q-switch and 1 with picosure. It looks light to me but I can still clearly see all of the letters.

Su

Hi Tatregret92, thank you for your picture and history.  In my option, you only need ONE treatment.  Since you have had 11 laser treatments with limited success, I would suggest surgical removal.  Tattoo removal is performed in the office under local anesthesia.  Your surgical tattoo removal would take about one hour.  You will have a small scar which will fade over time.  Please consult with an experienced, American Board of Plastic Surgery certified surgeon.  If you have any other questions regarding the surgical removal of tattoos, please contact my office.. Sincerely Dr. Katzen.

Complete removal may not be possible

I would try an additional 2 to 4 sessions to see if there is further lightening.  Even with the advent of newer picosecond technology, complete tattoo removal is not always possible. Ghosting can occur as is the case with your tattoo. It may be possible to remove it further and only time will tell. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician