I'm just starting to get back into an exercise routine. Is it better to get SculpSure now or to wait & trim down first?

- is there a benefit to having it done to boost a healthy lifestyle?

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. We prefer our patients to be at a stable weight before beginning SculpSure and especially, an invasive surgical procedure. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Your surgeon will be able to answer your questions specific to your health profile and body type as we surgeons on this site need pictures to provide the best possible advice.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure and fitness

SculpSure does get some patients excited about their workout routine, as they start to see some improvement as they ramp up their workouts.  SculpSure does not replace a fitness regimen. The first treatment could be done now to get the process of fat loss started.  Alternatively, you could  save the  treatment as your reward for achieving a goal. 

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

When to get SculpSure done.

Thank you for your question. It’s great that you are trying to lead a healthy lifestyle. You should get SculpSure done now as you will continue to see results for 6 – 12 weeks post treatment. If you get it done first and continue with your exercise routine, your results will be even better.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Exercise and sculpsure

Hello - it is always good to exercise.  Regarding sculpsure I would do it as soon as possible because the results will continue to happen for twelve or more weeks.  The lymphatic drainage continues to  remove dead fat cells for three months after undergoing sculpsure.  And we are looking at whether working out after sculpsure  treatments increases the fat loss.

SculpSure can be performed any time

It would probably be best for your weight to be stable before undergoing SculpSure, but it can be used as motivation to exercise and diet during your weight loss program.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. An ideal candidate for SculpSure already has a healthy routine, but has either hit a plateau in their weight loss or has some stubborn fat they need help shedding. This is largely because patients who have a smaller layer of fat will see a bigger transformation, quicker. However, if you are open to having multiple treatments, it can help you achieve your results quicker than exercise and healthy lifestyle changes alone. I recommend you see an expert to discuss the best options for your individual case. Best of luck on your weight loss journey!

Jennifer Levine, MD

Sculpsure and rxercise

As with liposuction, I usually recommend people can use their procedure or treatments to help get the stubborn areas that are resistant to exercise or to help motivate and keep motivated in their exercise routines. Sculpsure will show you results after 6-12 weeks so you need to begin and or maintain your exercise routine and keep good dietary habits ( always good rules of thumb for anyone and anytime)

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure / Coolsculpting and Fat Melting

I find that non invasive options work well to speed up fat loss and help give contour.  I suggest seeing an expert to determine if you are a good candidate.  Best, Dr. Emer.

SculpSure better before or after weight loss?

Most procedures, whether invasive or non-invasive, are best done when your weight is stable. Having said that, if you feel having the SculpSure first will help kickstart your weight loss, then you may want to proceed with that first. Regardless, fitness and nutritious eating should be a part of your everyday routine. Best of luck with your goals!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician