Is there a silicone sheeting product on the market with a strong enough adhesive to keep a scar from widening? (photos)

I'm having a LBL scar revision in two weeks and am looking for a silicone sheeting product / glue / tape that would offload tension from my scar. I used Embrace after my initial surgery and understand the merits of it, so no need to proselytize about it. I'm looking for other options contain a similarly strong adhesive which aren't too stretchy. My main concern with Embrace for round two is that I won't have someone to help with application of the product from week 5 onwards.

Embrace.

Thanks for this important question and congratulations on your recent body lift revision. Embrace is the best I've worked with and I think it's good to take a second look. For better adhesion, sometimes we use Cavalon (3M), but asked your surgeon first. I think you should ask your plastic surgeon's office to apply the product after 5 weeks. Good luck, Dr. ALDO

Is there a silicone sheeting product on the market with a strong enough adhesive to keep a scar from widening?

Tension on an incision encourages widening of scars.  With you LBL surgery there is tremendous tension placed on your incisions and there is certainly associated swelling which increases tension.  With scar revision surgery, I would anticipate both of these factors to be assuaged and would anticipate less widening of your scars.  From my bully pulpit, I would encourage use of the Embrace system for the first 5 weeks of treatment then Biocorneum topically for several months post op. I am not convinced that the studies show much more benefit beyond 5-6 weeks of "off pressuring" incisions is beneficial.  Best wishes  

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon