Why is one side too hard and bigger than the other breast? (Photo)

I just got my breast implant 7 months ago in Vietnam. My both breast not even and one big , one small . One big side very hard then other one . Other one is soft .why that happened to me ,when I get it redone

Breast asymmetry

Mi Lee,

Sorry you are experiencing problems with your breast augmentation.  In order to fully answer your question, you would need to have a physical exam.  

Generally, if both breasts looked similar in the beginning and then one suddenly became larger and tighter, it would lean towards a seroma forming (collection of fluid).  If the asymmetry and hardness occured over a few months, that sounds more like a capsular contracture.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Why is one side too hard and bigger than the other breast?

At 7 months I would expect both sides to be soft. Hardness usually indicates a capsular contracture however if you had a capsule I would expect the breast to look smaller not bigger.

You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon for an ultrasound to see if you may have a seroma.

Seroma?

If they started out even and the implants started out even, perhaps you developed a seroma in the chest?  Best to see a surgeon to be evaluated.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

One side Hard and bigger

Hello! Thank you for your question and pictures. I can see some asymmetry between your breast and according to your description this may be a capsular contracture. 

Capsular contracture occurs when the collagen-fiber capsule shrinks, tightens and compresses the breast implant, It is a medical complication that can be painful and discomforting, and might distort the aesthetics of the breast implant and the breast. Although the cause of capsular contracture is unknown, factors common to its incidence include bacterial contamination, rupture of the breast-implant shell, leakage of the silicone-gel filling, and hematoma. 

However, I strongly recommend you to visit a board certified plastic surgeon in order to evaluate you in person.

Rafael Gottenger, MD