Scheduled for BA with moderate lipo on the sides in just two weeks. What is the best post-op surgical bra to purchase? (photo)

I'm currently a 38 largeB to small C and I'm getting 600cc gummy bear implants

Breast Augmentation with Liposuction

Immediately after breast augmentation surgery, I place my patient's in a surgical bra and wrap them with ACE wraps. When I see them the next day, I remove the ACE wraps and then have them switch into bra with cups and no underwires. You may need additional compression because of the chest wall liposuction. Talk to your board certified plastic surgeon, they will help you through this journey.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Surgical bra

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would consult with your surgeon and have them give you some suggestions because every surgeon has their own preferences. I usually recommend Marena garments to my patients and have had positive results and feedback from my patients. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

What is the best post-op surgical bra to purchase?

Generally speaking, there is no “standard” when it comes to the use of specific bras or garments after breast surgery. In other words, different plastic surgeons may have different practices when it comes to postoperative dressings/bras. 

In my practice, patients wake up with a surgical bra in place. This surgical bra, although not attractive, is supportive and used for about one month after surgery (some of my patients have been known to burn the bra ASAP). Then, patients transition to a soft sports bra. Wired bras are used when breast have reached their “final position” and patients have full sensation along the breast skin. 

Generally, the longer I have been in practice, the more I appreciate the long term use of supportive bras after all types of breast surgery.  This additional support may be especially helpful when patients are lying down and/or engaged in strenuous exercise. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast augmentation with liposuction - best bra?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation and liposuction

• Your surgeon should have a bra for you in mind -
  • Many of us order the bras for our patients.
  • If your surgeon tells you to choose your own, you need one that is at least a 40 with a cup size of a E -
  • This will allow for swelling.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post surgical bra after breast augmentation and liposuction

Thank you for your question.  I recommend my patients wear a tight fitting sports bra that zips or hooks in the front.  You could also wear a Spanx camisole and then a sports bra over top to aid with compression.  Always best to check with your plastic surgeon and go by their recommendations.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Surgical Bras Not Always Necessary

Congratulations on your upcoming breast augmentation. There isn't necessarily a "best" postoperative surgical bra for breast augmentation patients. In fact, at my practice we give patients the option of not wearing one at all. Your plastic surgeon likely will recommend a postsurgical bra for you to wear. It's best to follow those instructions: Every surgeon designs a recovery plan based on the techniques used for your breast augmentation and your unique needs. 

Scheduled for BA with moderate lipo on the sides in just two weeks. What is the best post-op surgical bra to purchase?

Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question, your surgeon should providing you with a surgical bra according to the type of lift and implant you will have. I recommend you to use the surgical bra for 3 months post operation.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Post augment bra

Every surgeon makes his or her own recommendations. It is always difficult for the layperson to figure this out in advance, particularly as bra sizes are inconsistent.