What can I do about the scar on philtrum after a drunken night, I fell on the pavement? (Photo)

It has been a few months and the scarring isn't going away, I've put oils and everything. Nothing seems to help.

Doctor Answers 4

Scar Removal Lasers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are very good noninvasive, no downtime lasers to help with this problem.  We typically would use the V-Beam, the Cutera or Icon lasers to help to reduce redness and flatten uneven scars.

Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Combination Treatment for Scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Scars can be treated with a combination of lasers, fillers, subcision, microneedling + PRP. Please see an expert physician to see which treatment is right for you. 

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a scar revision.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 173 reviews

You might also like...

What can I do about the scar on my philtrum

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Unfortunately your picture does not allow for a detailed evaluation but below I am attaching a link with information you may find useful to improve your scar's appearance.  If nothing seems to help, seek an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation and discussion of treatment options. 

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 80 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.