Saline implant removal and fat grafting augmentation the same day. Pro's and Cons?

I have saline filled to 250cc. I want to replace them with fat grafting. On one consult I was told that the fat grafting could be done the same day but little fat could be transferred. My question is about doing it the same day. Is there better chance of fat survival if done separate? Would the drains have any effect on the survival of the fat? One said she could add about 350cc ea based on my fat. I am A cup without and full C with. I want at least a full B or small C. 5'6" - 128lbs.

Implant Removal

I would wait until the breast capsule sticks to itself and closes.  That way, the fat doesn't get injected into the previously existing pocket, as the fat won't survive in this area.

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting and implant removal

You are probably best to wait until the pocket collapses and settles down before performing the fat grafting.  Best of luck.

Implant removal, capsule removal and fat augmentation of the breasts

Implant removal, capsule removal and fat augmentation of the breasts best done at a separate time. Implant removal can be done under local standby anesthesia. Capsule removal requires general anesthesia. Capsule removal is only indicated if it is an abnormal capsule. Fat injection is best done at least three months after implant removal. Expect a half cup size increase at best. See a board certified ASAPS plastic surgeon for best advise. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Explantation and fat transfer

I have seen many poor results doing these two procedures together.  I would recommend having the fat transfer six months after the explantation.  Total capsulectomy is important as well in order to avoid complications.

Susan Kolb, MD