Is it safe to do lipo on abs and flank under local? Is it safe to have tummy tuck revision 1 year after surgery? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 5
Is it safe to do lipo on abs and flank under local? Is it safe to have tummy tuck revision 1 year after surgery?
Liposuction under local anesthesia?
- Thank you for your question about local anesthesia for your liposuction.
- First of all, be sure that you understand how much fat can be removed from your tummy.
- You look a little overweight and if fat is internal, liposuction cannot remove it.
- Liposuction can be done with oral sedation, intravenous sedation or general anesthesia.
- If your surgeon plans liposuction of your entire abdomen, he probably can do it with local anesthesia -
- It will take time and there will be times when it hurts.
- Done with general anesthesia, it will cost you more but will take much less time.
- Your scars suggest you had areas on the breast that didn't heal well -
- Discuss the cause with your surgeon and whether a scar revision is worthwhile.
- Without before photos, one can't judge a result but apart from the scars which may have been from poor healing or infection, yours looks good.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Lipo under local
You might also like...
Tummy tuck revision
As for the scars, being African American puts one at increased risk for keloid scars, and steroid injections certainly can cause what you got, thinning and lightening of the skin, unfortunately. It would have been nice for your doc to tell you that was a possible outcome, but, honestly, when a patient has a painful, itchy, raised scar I don't think I have ever had them refuse steroid shots, even when told about the risks. And, FYI, you do have a very nice overall result.
Lipo under local is possible, but I prefer (especially for a large area like the abdomen) general anesthesia. I know it costs more, but i feel it's worth it for my patients.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.