Will these ridges go away? (Photo)

is it the implant or jus my skin strecthing

Stretch marks

The ridges that are depicted in the photographs appear to be old stretch marks.  Swelling in old stretch marks will resolve over time.

Ridges in skin after breast lift and augmentation

Thank you so much for your question about your skin after your breast lift and breast augmentation.

The photo suggests that the ridges are post-surgical swelling in pre-existing stretch marks in your breast skin.
If so, these will subside as your swelling goes down.
But point them out to your surgeon, to be sure s/he agrees.

Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Here’s hoping you find this helpful. Have a great day!

Thanks for your question and photo. It appears that the ridges are related to your skin and not the implant. It looks like it is wrinkling of old stretch marks,  that should improve in appearance over time. Good luck!

Jeffrey Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after surgery

The recovery period after surgery can effect the skin in the way of swelling, contour irregularities, and bruising. My patients are aware that most these changes are temporary and are apart of the recovery. Thank you for the question.

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for writing,

The ridges are actually swelling within the skins stretch marks. These will improve over time as the tissues heal, the implants settle and the breast relaxes. Implants will take 3-4 months to position themselves well. Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

The ridges you see are stretch marks that are swollen.  Stretch marks are tears in the deeper layer of skin. These are areas of weakness due to the previous trauma of stretching faster than the skin can compensate. Normally the mature stretch marks are flat.  However, due to recent surgery, the tissues are swollen and this causes the lines to be more noticeable. This should flatten back to baseline in a few weeks.  

Marc Polecritti, DO
Spring Hill Plastic Surgeon

Will these ridges go away?

I see NO ridges but I see swelling skin wrinkling. This decreases over the next 2 to 3 weeks. Best to ask your chosen surgeon about this FIRST. 

Ridges following breast surgery

Dear Diamond,
Thanks for your question and photo. It appears that you are very early following breast lift surgery. This is the time when there is a lot of swelling in the skin of your breast. The ridges you see are likely to be old stretch marks that are more prone to swelling than you normal skin. This will improve over time as the swelling goes away. Gentle massage and a dose of patience will help. Enjoy your nice surgical result. I hope this helps.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Ridges after breast surgery

Right now it looks like you are new post-op and swelling and dressings will contribute to the ridging that you see. Give it time to heal first.

Will these ridges go away?

The “ridges” that you are referring to appear to be pre-existing stretch marks that are now swollen/edematous. As swelling dissipates, the appearance of the stretch marks will be much less pronounced. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.