How soon I can return to work, as a pharmacist, after Tummy tuck plus lipo?

Hello, I stand 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week at my job, no lifting involved. If I go back to work 3 weeks post tummy tuck plus lipo, how bad swelling and tightness will be end if the day? Thank you.

Returning to work after a Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. Depending on the extent of your abdominoplasty and your general physical condition, you may be able to return to non-strenuous work anywhere from one to three weeks after surgery. In many instances, you can resume most of your normal activities, including some form of mild exercise, after a few weeks. You may continue to experience some mild, periodic discomfort and swelling during this time, but such feelings are normal. For work about 2 weeks. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and lipo

Every patient is different and every surgeon performs different surgeries under the term "tummy tuck"!
I usually have my patients return to work in 10-14 days. The more active you are , within limits, the more your lymphatic system moves and the faster the swelling will dissipate. Be prepared to wear a garment / binder and to take some extra breaks during work.

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon

Returning to work

Thank you for your question. With a full abdominoplasty including suction you will need between 3-4 weeks before returning to work.

Work after surgery

Since you mention that you’ll be standing for the whole day, your swelling will probably be a little more severe than if you were to sit. Keeping your compression garment on will help control the swelling significantly, though, so it shouldn’t be too bad by the end of the day.

You should be fine after 3 weeks.

i often have my patients back to work 10-14 days after surgery. i rarely use drains. i get my patients up 
walking the same day and encourage getting back to normal asap. Of course, every patient is different.
i did a TT on my office manager years ago and she was back at work in 7 days. i have had many, many patients back at full time work by 14 days and often ten days. 
good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Return to work after abdominoplasty

Tummy tucks vary from surgeon to surgery. Recovery times can vary as well. Sometimes hernias are repaired during tummy tucks and sometimes liposuction is small or extensive.
Essentially you need to discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon what procedures they are planning to do and how long the recovery time will be for a pharmacist. 
On average 3 weeks is about right for return to full duty as a pharmacist. You should have a garment and it may be a good idea to wear compression socks to help with the swelling. By the end of the day you will be swollen and feeling it, but you should be able to make it through a full day.
Good luck on your journey.

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after tummy tuck

You should expect to take a full two weeks before returning to work. You will have drains in place for around 10 days, and you will be moving slow bent over for up to two weeks. Your first few days back to work will be long, but once you get past 3 weeks, you'll be cruising. Good luck and enjoy your new tight tummy!

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Post tummy tuck recovery

Healing time and work demands are variable for each individual. For most patients 3 weeks is sufficient and perhaps a short break during the day may help. A good compression garment and compression stalkings would also make a big difference.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Return to work after a Tummy Tuck

Three weeks should be an adequate amount of time for healing after an abdominoplasty,  assuming you avoid any type of heavy lifting or strenuous activity. I generally have my patients avoid any activity that will lead to them forcefully contracting their abdominal muscles.  But, being on your feet all day should not cause any significant problems at the three week mark. Yes, it can lead to some prolongation of the swelling, but if you are wearing a snug abdominal binder or support dressing this should minimize it. Keep your binder on, and have coworkers help if during your day there arises a need for any strain. 

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question.
I think that 3 to 4 weeks are ok for you to get back to work

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD