Reduce my philtrum length with rhinoplasty? (Photos)

What will be the best advise for my horse face.I am not willing to do lip lift.I am willing for a rhinoplasty ,as i always wanted a more sharper nose.I am a physician and am not expecting a miracle,but a little change will less intervention,preferably nose job.The philtrum size can be easily visualized when the pictures are enlarged a bit ,sorry for the inconvenience ,i apologize .

Rhinoplasty and Reduing the Length of My Philtrum

Doctor, please submit a full set of pictures as described on my website for nasal evaluation. Improving your nose, if appropriate, will call less attention to this area of your face making a long philtrum less noticeable but a rhinoplasty will not reduce the length of the upper lip that you don't like.

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Your philtrum length cannot really be assessed in the 2  photos provided due to the tilting of your head in each photo.  Possibly it is long, but clearly lip lift has been ruled out.  It's possible Rhinoplasty could make your lip look shorter, especially with a lengthening procedure.  In other words, if your tip is tilted up too much or a little excessive, lengthening the nose by bringing the tip down could make the upper lip appear less long.  I think you'll find it very useful to have video imaging of lengthening your nose using a lateral view.  Nose lengthening is mainstream Rhinoplasty surgery and is easily included with a number of other surgical maneuvers.  I hope you find this information helpful.  

Thomas Hubbard, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

You would have to be seen in person because you really have only shown two frontal views. A rhinoplasty will not change your philtral columns in anyway.

Hmm. Philtrum is a problem without a lip lift. See the morph I made of your nose.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_misspuffy.html

I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that could be possible for your nose. The photos you posted were really really tiny, but I tried to show a narrowing of the tip of your nose.

Even though you don't like your philtrum, I think it's very reasonable to take a lip lift off the table. It's not a slam dunk operation, and there are problems that lip lift patients have to deal with. But I don't know of a way to make the philtrum smaller without the lift. Certainly an attempt to make the nose longer won't change the lip and will make you hate your nose. Sometimes we just leave features alone, even if we don't like them, if we don't have a great, predictable way of changing them.

The "Web reference" link also contains a section on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a septal extension graft.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD