What are the reasons my right eye (left in pic) is drooping/located lower than the other eye & the possible solutions? (photo)

My right eye seems to be drooping lower than my left eye, it's only been apparent to me for the last 3 years, it seems to be getting progressively worst. I am 22, male and black. Also my right eye has slightly worst vision than my left. It is also harder for me to open my right eye wide, muscle seems to be weaker.

Doctor Answers 5

Eyelid asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your photos are difficult to interpret because you are looking down but you may have a certain degree of ptosis (or droop) of the right upper eyelid. It would be best to schedule an in-person consultation with an oculoplastic specialist in order to discuss treatment options.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

See an Oculoplastic Surgeon for Evaluation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your concerns and photo. It is difficult to determine your problem through the uploaded photographs, but your story sounds like you require a comprehensive evaluation in person by an Oculoplastic Surgeon. Please call your doctor for an appointment.
Good luck,

Eye Discrepancies.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your eye positions are not the same. You have what we call Orbital dystopia. 
You need to see a craniofacial surgeon or an ophthalmologist to find the reason. 
Best of luck

Gaby D. Doumit, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Droopy Eyelids - Causes and Solutions

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for your question about droopy eyelids. To evaluate droopy eyelids, you really need an in person exam. It is necessary to evaluate the dynamic movements of your eyelids. That being said, if the vision in the right eye is worse, then it is important to see an ophthalmologist sooner - rather than later. I would recommend seeing either a General Ophthalmologist or Oculoplastic surgeon as soon as possible to get your answers. Good luck!

Dan Landmann, MD
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 47 reviews

Droopy eyes with vision change

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Droopy eyes alone are not as bad as with vision change as well. The right eye appears to being pushed downwards and inwards. This certainly warrants an evaluation by an ophthalmologist and might even need a CT scan to evaluate the right orbit and the surrounding structures. Please do not ignore it and see an eye doctor soon. 
Dr. Janjua

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 126 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.