How many procedures can you have at one time?

I'm thinking about getting a breast lift, tummy tuck and liposuction on my hips and thighs. Can I have all those procedures done at the same time? Also what would the cost be?

You can combine procedures

Thank you for your question. There really is no limit on the number of actual procedures that can be done at the same time, the issue comes in the length of time under anesthesia as well as the risks of bleeding, blood clot formation and other complications. When I am evaluating a patient and determining how many procedures I combine I looked multiple issues including the patient’s age, health status, other medical core conditions and then decide based on what procedures he or she would like to have done what is going to be the length of time under anesthesia and what is my estimated blood loss. The most important thing is to always maintain your safety as the number one priority. The cost will be determinate by the geographic area in which you are, and the individual surgeons. Good luck!

Combining procedures is safe as long as the operative time is reasonable

Depending on the area to be treated, the size of the area, the amount of tissue to be removed, the amount of separation between the two areas in order to preserve the blood supply to both and maximize the wound healing potential, your general health, the amount of time each procedure will take, and the experience of the surgeon with combination procedures, it is possible to have more than one operation at the same time.  The surgeon will need to discuss all of these issues with you and make a safe plan that will give you a well thought out, well executed operation with an excellent outcome.

Combined Breast Lift with Other Procedures

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common. 

Multiple procedures

Generally, I do not like to combine procedures with a tummy tuck, but depending upon the circumstances, it may be possible. If you're medically cleared (we have an internist in our practice for this), this can be disucssed during consultation. We also may utilize an assistant to decrease operative time and risks and overnight stay for proper monitoring.

Mutiple procedures

Hello and thank you for your question.  If you are in good health and an appropriate candidate for these procedures, then they can safely be performed at the same time.  A tummy can usually be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Breast lift can help improve the shape and perkiness of your breasts and liposuction can be performed to improve the contour of your waist.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Multiple Surgeries

With additional procedures, the anesthesia times will be longer.  Large volumes of anesthetic can be dangerous.  Safety should be of utmost importance.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

While it might be possible to perform multiple procedures at the same time, any factors going into the decision making and you need to be seen in person. Sometimes they have to be staged.

Multiple procedures

The goal should be to have excellent procedures over multiple ones.  There is a limit to how many hours can be spent in the OR without exponentially increasing surgical and healing risks.   In all likelihood, the surgeries you propose could cross the line. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate your specific needs. Additionally, although many patients express the desire for total body work, they have unrealistic notions as to cost.  

Multiple Procedures

It is possible to do multiple procedures if the patient is healthy and the surgeon is comfortable with the time scheduled.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD