Can I still get plastic surgery if I'm taking an immune suppressant?
Doctor Answers 3
Liposuction and BBL on immune suppressants
- I assume your eczema treatment is temporary - not a life time treatment.
- If so, then wait until your exzema clears and you are taken off these medicines.
- Then have surgery.
- As for steroids - they are often given by anesthesiologists during surgery
- If you have any surgery, tell both the surgeon AND the anesthesiologist that you cannot have steroids and be sure they write this down in your record.
- Even though it is not a true allergy, put "Steroids" under your allergies to be sure you avoid them.
- They are powerful drugs and have many side-effects - they are best avoided unless necessary.
BBL, Plastic Surgery and Immune Suppressants: Please Wait
Immune Suppression and Breast Implants
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.