Pain at liposuction entry point; is that normal?

Hi I had liposuction on 6/30/16. I had some minor complications with fluid build up which has been removed. But for the past 2 days I feel pain at one of my entry points. The site appears to be healing, I don't understand the pain. Is this normal? Will the pain stop?

Liposuction - pain at incision six weeks later

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am glad you are doing well after your liposuction.
  • It is not possible without an exam to tell you what is going on at the entry point.
  • I suggest you contact your surgeon and schedule a six week follow up appointment to see what is going on.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction incision site pain

Pain is not uncommon early post-op at the incision sites. If there is extreme pain, then one always has to worry about infection. You should be seen by your surgeon.