Are my nose/jaw surgery results realistic? (Photos)

I am considering getting surgery done in order to make my face appear more masculine. The first surgery is a rhinoplasty to make my bulbous nose smaller and more defined. I also want my jaw to have more definition, but I don't know how to achieve the results I'm looking for found in the pictures. What procedure(s) can be done to make my jaw look like the one in the retouched picture? Are my surgery result expectations to high or are they possible? Thank you.

Rhinoplasty and Jaw Angle Implants

The combination of a rhinoplasty and widening jaw angle implants is what you are showing in your predicted images. The key to the jawline augmentation is to get the right style of jaw angle implants properly placed to create that effect. With the right jaw angle implants and rhinoplasty procedures your results should be achievable.

Realistic results

You can do anything with photoshopping. The reality check comes at a consultation. When the whole  nose is examined, inside and outside, only then can an appropriate assessment be done. A lot also has to do with the surgeon's skill set. So look for the best you can.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation for facial balance

My patients who concerned that their face is ‘off-balance’, too feminine or too masculine, etc may benefit from a chin augmentation procedure. The chin plays a big part in your overall facial harmony. Reshaping the chin can dramatically improve facial balance, both from the front and the profile. To further perfect that facial balance a rhinoplasty along with a chin augmentation may work well. In order to determine this for certain, I would suggest seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. 

Rhinoplasty & jaw augmentation candidate

Thank you for your question and photographs.Your cosmetic goals are certainly realistic. From the look of your photos, I believe you would be a good candidate for a Rhinoplasty and Chin/Jaw Augmentation. It is important when looking for a plastic surgeon to find one who is board certified.  To fully evaluate your nose, I would recommend you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty and have a full facial and nasal examination performed.  However, from what I can tell, it appears your tip is enlarged and bulbous. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and smaller in size. In regards to your jaw, I would suggest jaw and chin implants to give you a more squared jaw and projecting chin to match your nose projection. I hope this helps.
Good luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Jaw Surgery

I think a correct answer is by examining you and decide the possibility to improve it. From what I see, it can be possible and there are many means to improve the Jaw. Where for Rhinoplasty it is important to know your concerns and address them. Best regards

Nabil Fakih, MD
Lebanon Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic results for a rhinoplasty and a chin implant

A rhinoplasty procedure  can accomplish refinement of the wide nasal tip, and narrowing the bridge. A chin implant procedure is performed for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile to give added projection and width. For more information and many before-and-after examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty and jaw surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system.  You may also benefit from mandible angle implants.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nose and Chin Changes

Hi and thanks for your question and photos.  I can see the changes that you made on your nose, but the jawline changes are harder to see.  Yes, I absolutely can get you the changes that you want with a rhinoplasty.  I would need to see you in person to evaluate your chin.  Computer imaging would be very helpful to show you what changes can be made.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation as I am in the Philly suburbs.  Good luck.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose/Jaw

The nose can be proportionately improved with a well done rhinoplasty. It's easier to widen the angle of the jaw than to reduce the body of the jaw. The problem in you is that your angles are already adequately wide.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD