Why does it seem like new hair is no longer sprouting from my head 4 months post op? (Photo)

I had a hair transplant in May 2016 for ~3000 grafts to cover temporal loss, and am now 4 months + 1 week post op. Between months 2 to 3.5, hair sprouted. Though I have been looking at my scalp for the past few weeks, and do not see any hairs shorter than about an inch growing from my head where transplanted hair was placed. The number of hairs seems to be the same as it was a month ago (see pics), but longer in length. Should I be worried that I can't see any new hairs growing from my head?

4 months after a hair transplant

At 3 months after a hair transplant I would expect the hair growth to just begin and by the 8th month you should see 80% of the results showing. Be patient

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How Long Does It Take for Hair to Grow After Hair Restoration Surgery?

It can take up to 6 months after a procedure for hairs to start growing due to many of the grafts going into a telogen or sleep phase. In general, it will take up to one year to get the final result from a hair restoration procedure. 

Best option, if you're concerned about how the grafts are doing, go back to the doctor who did the procedure and have him/her examine the area. Don't worry and good luck.

Andrew Kaufman, MD