Mommy Makeover or just Lipo and Breast Lift, what is the best fit for my body? (photos)

I am looking to get some work done the first quarter of 2017. Doing some research and need a professional opinion on which procedures would be the best fit for my body. I don't like how the tummy tuck makes the belly button look so I'm thinking of getting just lipo, a breast lift and BBL.

Ideal combo for mommy makeover?

You are likely to benefit from a mommy makeover consisting of a tummy tuck and a breast lift (or reduction with lift). The tummy tuck will trim away the redundant skin and allow simultaneous reduction of unwanted adipose tissue in the flanks and nearby contours.

Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover or just Lipo and Breast Lift, what is the best fit for my body?

A tummy tuck in addition to the procedures mentioned may give you the best result.

Dr. Derby Sang caputo

Thank you for your question and your photo. 

You seem to be a good candidate for a mommy make over wich will consist in a Tummy tuck combined with a Lipo to mold your body figure, a breast lift or a reduction combined with a breast lift.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy makeover

I think you would benefit from a tummy tuck versus liposuction alone as it will address the abdominal muscles and remove excess skin to contour the tummy.  An examination needs to be done to determine the best way to address the breasts.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.

Camille Cash, MD

What operations are needed?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Your photo is helpful in that it shows you have adequate torso fat to do a BBL.
  • But you need an examination to see if a breast lift or a breast reduction is suitable for you and to determine if a tummy tuck is advisable.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck and breast lift +/- augmentation surgery. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Mommy makeover vs lipo?

This is an easy one.  For your abdomen you need a tummy tuck.  The back and flanks will need liposuction.  Dont waste your money or time getting liposuction for your abdomen.  you have significant diastasis of your muscle that will not be treated with liposuction alone. I suggest you get your mommy makeover and you will be happier for it. Hope this helps.

Good luck

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

What is the best selection of procedures for your mommy makeover?

Based on your photographs, I would recommend a tummy tuck and breast lift together with liposuction of your flanks and back. You may also choose to add more volume to buttocks with the fat that is harvested with liposuction.

As far as the bellybutton scar is involved, this depends on how the procedure is done the bellybutton should appear very natural. The technique that I use is making an inverted U-shaped incision to place the new bellybutton location so that it is not circular which sometimes constricts and gives an unnatural appearance.

You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Good luck

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Determining What Procedures are Right for You

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.
In addition to one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even after 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. It is also suggested to wait at least 6 months after pregnancy to undergo a Mommy Makeover.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD