What method to use to fix undereye wrinkles? (photos)

I'm 35 years old and I have ugly wrinkles under my eyes when I smile. When I don't smile it still looks like I have wrinkles. Would retinol cream work or should I get laser therapy or a peel? Any advice is appreciated.

Fractionated CO 2 laser

Your Lower eyelid wrinkles are full and deep.  I prefer fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing as the better option to reduce these wrinkles.  7-10 days of down time is needed and a reduction of more than 80% of the wrinkles is expected.   Surgical lower blepharoplasty with a skin excision can also do the trick although it's my second best solution as the job can be done without an incision.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lid wrinkles

You would probably do best with a combination of lower lid laser and some filler.  The laser will help to tighten the skin and stimulate new collagen.  You also look like you need some volume and some HA filler such as Restylane will help to provide support for the skin.  Unfortunately there is no way to eliminate all the wrinkles! 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles at rest and with smiling

Dear 35 Year old, You have a common condition seen in many people as they grow older. Previous sun damage resulted in the fine lines in the lower eyelid region. 
Normal muscle action folds the sun damaged skin when you smile. Botox would help the muscular component of the lines when you smile.Laser resurfacing would improve the lower lid skin at rest.Allan Wulc, M.D. is in your area and may be able to assist you. I hope this was helpful. 

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles

It's hard to make recommendations without seeing you in person.  Fine lines around the eyes can be related to the muscle squeezing and creating wrinkles and it can also result from actual changes in the skin. Small amounts of Botox and filler can sometimes be used, and retinol skin products as well as eye peels can be helpful in creating a skin tightening. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon