Mass on abdominal; looking for a doctor that can remove this with Liposuction?

I have a mass in my adomimal wall an CT scan was done on 6/28/2016. I do have the CD and report.The surgery was schedule for the 7/25/2016 however the surgery was postponed until a later date. I am looking for a doctor located in the Philadelphia area that can do an tummy tmas/lipo suction and remove the mass. In which I dont want to travel to south Florida to get the surgery done. If there is any doctor located in the Philadelphia or New Jersey area. 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Liposuction for abdominal mass

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • If you have an abdominal wall mass, you are likely to need surgery to cut it out -
  • Liposuction will only remove fat deposits under the skin - over the muscle.
  • I strongly suggest you see a Board Certified Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon on your insurance panel to assess the mass and advise you as to what is needed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Not sure what the mass is or where it is. More information is necessary. You can find doctors in your area by going to the ASPS or ASAPS websites. Best of luck.

Hello and thank you for your question. This may be possible, depending on the location of the mass and potential etiology. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD