Would a lift be necessary in addition to a breast augmentation to get the result that I want? (Photo)

Hi! I'm 21 years old, 5'3 and 120 lbs. I'm not sure if an aug alone would be enough to get my breasts the way I want them without an additional lift. I want my nipples to be higher up and I don't want them to point out to the side. I also want my breasts to be rounder and not cone shaped. I'm looking to go full C, small D Silicone. For awhile I thought I had tuberous breasts because of the shape. What do you suggest? All feedback is appreciated, thank you!

Would a lift be necessary in addition to a breast augmentation to get the result that I want?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants).
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for breast augmentation with implants. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post procedural results. You'll need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations and to go over your options. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Circumareola lift

It looks like you might be a good candidate for an augmentation with a circumareola lift as well. Best to be evaluated in person.

No Lift Needed

I think you can achieve the look you wish without the need for a lift.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants - No Lift Needed

Thank you for your question about Breast Lift with Implants. Thank you for pictures.

With appropriate release of the inferior pole of your breasts, I do not think that a breast lift would be needed in your particular situation.

To be sure what is right for you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have breast implant surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation with OR without a Lift?

You DO appear to have tuberous breasts. However, once the breast constrictions are divided from the inside and a well-chosen implant is placed you could have a very nice result without necessarily requiring a lift. The key here is choosing THE right implant. I would highly recommend you narrow your choice and see a Plastic surgeon who offers 3D imaging - as in the VECTRA by Canfield. This tool would allow you see what implants consistent with your chest would like like IN you and allow you to discern small differences between various implants. It is THE best way to pick an implant and reduces the chances that you will be disappointed with your choice.

Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Augmentation without lift

Thank you for your question and for providing the photograph.  I think it is possible to be fuller with an implant and that you do not really need a lift.  Even with a lift, your nipple areola complex will most likely point slightly outward, which is normal.  When you have more breast volume, the relationship between the breast mound and the nipple will be more balanced.  Your nipples appear low now because there is no volume in the bottom half of the breast.  With the proper sized implant placed in the proper position, you will have volume in the lower half of the breast and this will give you more balance and proportion.  Of course you need to be examined in the office and have a full discussion with your plastic surgeon.  You may have a variant of tuberous breast with a short nipple to fold distance but, if you do, it is probably slight.  Your plastic surgeon will know whether or not your fold needs to be lowered.  Also, shaped implants are very good in these situations because there is slightly  more volume in the lower half of the implant and that is exactly what you need; they also "rotate" the nipple up, giving you more lift than a round implant will.  Hope this helps.
Tracy Pfeifer

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Lift or augment

I believe that you can achieve a good result with augmentation alone. A lift will not change your basic anatomy although releasing some of the internal tension would produce an improvement. Best wishes.

Breast lift and implant?

You would probably have a very nice result from a dual plane augmentation with no lift. This would save you money and a lot of scar. However, it may not give you as perky a look as your wish photos. You need to have consultations to see who does both operations to give you advice. If torn, go for the augmentation alone and add the lift in the future if needed. Good luck.