Could I get labiaplasty surgery for little to no money? I'm from Philadelphia. It's extremely uncomfortable.

I get sensitive skin 3 out of the 7 days . I have to contantly fix myself and it hurts so I need to know if I have Medicare could o still get the surgery?

Insurance Labiaplasty?

Sorry but labiaplasty is almost universally a cosmetic procedure as far as insurance companies are concerned. Insurers exclude payment for cosmetic surgery unfortunately. 

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty surgery

Most insurance companies will not pay for a cosmetic procedure.  Labiaplasties are cosmetic!!  Invest in your healthcare and invest in your surgery.  Every week on this website there are multiple women who had botched or butchered labia surgery.  be careful and choose a surgeon well.

John  R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your labia minora skin sensitivity.  In most instances insurance carriers will deem a labiaplasty surgery to be "not medically necessary" and will not cover the costs of the procedure.  In this instance the patient would be responsible for the costs and I would strongly urge you to see a labiaplasty specialist in order to maximize your results and minimize the inherent risks of surgery and a poor outcome.  

The best things in life are free, but not labiaplasty

Unfortunately, labiaplasty is not covered by insurance for any medical reason except cancer and in that case only for the side with the cancer. You can expect to pay out of pocket for the skillful treatment of your condition by an experienced labiaplasty expert. However, payment plans are available in most practices. Don't go cheap. You will get botched and trade in your current problem for a new one.