What Kind of Rhinoplasty Would I Need? (Photo)

I'm looking to eventually fix my nose. It was damaged in an injury 12 years ago. My septum is slightly deviated, there is a big hump, the bridge is crooked, and the nostrils aren't symmetric. What kind of price and procedure am I looking at here? The type of nose I find beautiful is like Doutzen Kroes or Grace Kelly.

Some of the issues you are concerned about are probably your underlying asymmetry that is not associated with your injury. Uneven nostrils are extremely common and not easily correctible. Attempting perfection in any cosmetic procedure can put you on a slippery slope to disaster. Regarding the small defects from your accident a closed rhinoplasty should suffice to address the issue. 

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Rhinoplasty info

What you want done is completely up to you.I say a Rhinoplasty which typically starts at $5,500 depending on the area you live. To make sure you get the best possible result, the surgeon should perform a detailed exam of the nose and provide a realistic goal that you and your surgeon agree upon. Rhinoplasty are permanent, but with age facial features do change. Find a surgeon and go for a consult, I think you would be very happy after the surgery

Elliot M. Heller, MD

An examination would be required to know what to do...

It is hard to tell from one photo exactly what has to be done. The nose appears crooked, so that can certainly be improved. The hump can also be taken down during rhinoplasty and the tip refined. Be sure to see a surgeon that is experienced with rhinoplasty and the price would vary from doctor to doctor, but is typically between $5000 and $10000.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Making a crooked nose straighter with rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty patients often require osteotomy (bone reshaping) with cartilage grafts and septoplasty to improve nasal symmetry. Such a rhinoplasty can just focus on the bridge, middle, tip, or all areas of the nose as needed. Patients may still some have some asymmetry even after the nose is "fixed". Your rhinoplasty may be performed either open or closed, depending on the plastic surgeon's approach. Rhinoplasty prices can be found on this website and vary a bit, but generally $6000-$12,000 approximately. If you haven't already, then speak with a plastic surgeon to perform an examination and review options with you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Kind of Rhinoplasty Would I Need?

I think that your goals are likely reasonable, but additional photos would be helpful for analysis.

Correcting the crooked nose

You would be a good candidate for a septorhinoplasty, open or closed approach.  Cartilage grafts may be useful to help straighten the nose and support the nasal tip.  
Based on your perception of a beautiful nose, you are seeking a refined appearance. From the limited view of your picture, the nose already appears fairly refined but crooked.  Therefore your goals appear to be reasonable. Good luck in your search. 

Alex N. Mesbahi, MD
McLean Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Needs

You have very high standards of beauty; what women would not want to look like Grace Kelly? A rhinplasty done by an experienced rhinoplasaty specialist can be done to straighten your nose and septum, remove the hump, refine your tip and reduce the asymmetry of your nostrils. Cost will vary between $7,000-10,000. Other pictures, as described on my website would be helpful.

Closed rhinoplasty for crooked nose repair

A closed rhinoplasty approach can address straightening the crooked nose. This is accomplished with osteotomies of the nasal bones and sometimes a spreader graft placed underneath a concave upper lateral cartilage in the mid portion of the nose. If the septum is deviated and blocking air flow, a septoplasty can be performed for functional purposes. A septoplasty will not change the shape of the nose. A dorsal hump  is composed of  bone and cartilage must be shaved down in order to remove it.  For many examples and our recurrent price list, please see the link and the video below

What type of Rhinoplasty do I need?

From your picture it is difficult to provide you with an accurate assessment.  I would suggest that you have a consultation where your functional and cosmetic nasal issues can be examined and addressed.  At that time, an accurate estimate of the type of surgery and cost can be provided.  I have provided you a link below.  Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

Thank you very much for enquire.

After having analyzed all the information  and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform a Close Rhinoplasty,
narrowing the nasal base with nostrils symmetryzation, nasal hump rectification and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.
The average cost for this procedure is $3,000 USD and 4,500 the All Inclusive Package.

God bless you,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD