Can anything be done to improve the look of my chest? (Photo)

Hello, I am a 20 year old in college. I have never taken my shirt off in a public setting because of my gynecomastia surgery scars. I would like to have something done about it. My question is what can be done about the scarring and for nipple size reduction? Also, is it possible that I still have gynecomastia because my nipples are still puffy? Any feedback about fixing my overall chest appeal will be helpful.

Treating Gynecomastia and Post Op Scars

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia. 

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.
The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. With your surgeon's approval you may be able to use #scar management treatments such as Biocornuem,  Scar Guard, Scar Fade,  IPL Laser,  Yag Laser,   5fu/Kenalog for thick scars, or silicone sheeting.

Improve my chest

Your photographs indicate a few issues that can be addressed, and hopefully, improve the overall look of

your chest now as well as how it ages. 

First the skin quality is poor, including stretch marks, which can be improved via non-invasive reconditioning;

second the scars and nipple areolar size can be improved/reduced with the use of SERI; and, three, the chest

wall contour can be improved and masculinized using autologous fat grafts.

Hope this helps

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS

Secondary Gynecomastia Surgery

You must have had a significant initial gynecomastia problem based on the surgical approach used. Often these more significant gynecomastias require a second stage to get the best result. Further periareolar reduction and scar revision would be helpful in improving the appearance to your chest. Any additional nipple puffiness can be further reduced at that time as well.