I had a tramflap surgery 13 yrs ago. I am interested in a TT and BBL, will there be special precautions needed?

The upper abdomen is where I need flattening. Because of the tram flap are there special precautions needed.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon first, after your surgery, you may not have extra skin to perform a tummy tuck.

Tummy tuck and tram flap

Not sure why you need a tummy tuck after a tram flap bcuase the tram flap probably reduced your loose skin issue. Best to be evaluated in person, and yes the TRAM can impact your "revision."

TRAM FLAP Reconstruction

After TRAM flap there are many and multiple precautions that need to be considered before any surgery on the abdomen.

In person examination and review of the operative note of the TRAM flap and how the abdomen was repaired. Which muscle was used, same side or the opposite side, abdominal wall reconstruction?

Need a lot of planning and discussions

Tummy Tuck after a TRAM flap

You will need an in-person consultation with board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in TRAM flaps and also Tummy Tucks. Since a TRAM flap uses excess abdominal skin to reconstruct a breast, you may not have enough excess skin for a tummy tuck. If the upper abdomen is what bothers you, it is possible that the abdominal wall is weak as a result of the TRAM flap. This may need to be reconstructed with mesh. Seek an experienced plastic surgeon.