I had a tram flap surgery 13 yrs ago. I am interested in a liposuction of the abdomen and BBL, will special precautions needed?

In my original question I asked about a tummy tuck because my upper abdomen needed flattening as well as well as flanks and lower back. and thought this would require a tummy tuck. Also, I always had a fat pocket below the tram flap line and a little bugle in the area below the breast but did it did not increase since original surgery. If I get liposuction of the full abdomen will it require any special precautions?

Lipo following TRAM

Liposuction can be done to reduce the size of the abdomen following a TRAM flap. It is important to know if you had a free flap or pedicled flap. From your description of the bulge below your breast it may have been pedicled and this bulge is actually muscle not fat. 

I recommend  being seen by a board certified plastic surgeon as they will have experience in liposuction and previous breast reconstruction.

Best of luck

Suffolk Plastic Surgeon

Getting the Right Combo for the Results You Want with VASER HI DEF, ThermiRF, Ultrasound

A formal assessment is needed to determine which techniques would give you the best results. There should be no reason you can't have liposuction to this area if it is truly fat. I suggest a consultation about VASER HI DEF with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting which will give you the most fat removal, skin tightening, and contouring. See a hi-def physique liposuction expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

TRAM and liposuction

The bulge you see under your bra line may be related to the pedicle of the TRAM flap. That may not be able to be liposuctioned.

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. I highly recommend an in-person consultation to obtain the best advice.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD