I already plan on getting a nose job. Which other small procedures can I get to make my look more refined? (Photo)

Hello and thank you for your question. Sometimes in addition to rhinoplasty, I place a chin implant or perform fillers in the appropriate patient.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Without seeing photos or examining you in person, I have no idea what you would benefit from. Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

Some patients that visit my office for a rhinoplasty procedure may also be a candidate for a chin augmentation. A common fear for patients is the panic of ending up with a thin, overworked nose that doesn’t complement the rest of your facial features.  By performing a rhinoplasty and a chin implant together I can keep the nose looking as natural as possible and at the same time balance out the facial features. This is not always the case, so be sure to discuss this option with your surgeon. If possible, seek out a surgeon that uses a 3D imaging machine during your consultation. 

What other procedures should I have with a rhinoplasty

Hi and thanks for your question, but to answer this for your particular situation, I would need to see photos of you.  I often do a chin implant along with a rhinoplasty in patients with weak chins.  I often do eyelid surgery at the same time as rhinoplasty in patients with extra puffiness around the eyes or extra eyelid skin.  Lip procedures are also done along with rhinoplasty in patients with thin lips. 

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

More refined appearance

Without seeing photos of your face, it is hard to recommend what procedures you may need to get the results you are hoping to achieve. Some common procedures to give a more feminine and refined look are fillers in the cheeks and lips, this gives the appearance of higher cheek bones and pouty lips as well as Botox in the frown lines and crows feet to give you a more youthful appearance. Depending on if you have a square/large jaw which can give a more masculine appearance, then you may consider a jaw reduction to give it a more narrow and pleasing shape and size. Again, these are just some suggestions that can give patients a more feminine and refined facial appearance, these may not be right for you personally, this is why I strongly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to get an examination. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon