I already plan on getting a nose job. Which other small procedures can I get to make my look more refined? (Photo)

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Sometimes in addition to rhinoplasty, I place a chin implant or perform fillers in the appropriate patient.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Without seeing photos or examining you in person, I have no idea what you would benefit from. Best of luck.

I already plan on getting a nose job. Which other small procedures can I get to make my look more refined?

Greetings.

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

Some patients that visit my office for a rhinoplasty procedure may also be a candidate for a chin augmentation. A common fear for patients is the panic of ending up with a thin, overworked nose that doesn’t complement the rest of your facial features.  By performing a rhinoplasty and a chin implant together I can keep the nose looking as natural as possible and at the same time balance out the facial features. This is not always the case, so be sure to discuss this option with your surgeon. If possible, seek out a surgeon that uses a 3D imaging machine during your consultation. 

What other procedures should I have with a rhinoplasty

Hi and thanks for your question, but to answer this for your particular situation, I would need to see photos of you.  I often do a chin implant along with a rhinoplasty in patients with weak chins.  I often do eyelid surgery at the same time as rhinoplasty in patients with extra puffiness around the eyes or extra eyelid skin.  Lip procedures are also done along with rhinoplasty in patients with thin lips. 

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

More refined appearance

Without seeing photos of your face, it is hard to recommend what procedures you may need to get the results you are hoping to achieve. Some common procedures to give a more feminine and refined look are fillers in the cheeks and lips, this gives the appearance of higher cheek bones and pouty lips as well as Botox in the frown lines and crows feet to give you a more youthful appearance. Depending on if you have a square/large jaw which can give a more masculine appearance, then you may consider a jaw reduction to give it a more narrow and pleasing shape and size. Again, these are just some suggestions that can give patients a more feminine and refined facial appearance, these may not be right for you personally, this is why I strongly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to get an examination. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon