I am almost 5 month post-op tummy tuck. Is it normal that I still have soreness below my belly button?

I used to have no good answer for these pain issues. I had my Achilles tendon repaired 20 months ago through a 1.5 cm incision.  it was sore for 18 months. you had a much bigger operation, go see your surgeon , but be patient. it will get better

Newark Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.I would recommend scheduling an appointment with your surgeon so they can perform an examination and determine whether there are any complications present but at this point in your recovery period, you may still have some swelling present and this should continue to resolve over the next month or two. Continue to follow your surgeon’s aftercare instructions and you should notice your results begin to refine and swelling should dissipate leaving you with your true result between 6 months to a year.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon